Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm



Colors I have used:
Twilight- plum-brown, not as dark as Midnight
Gothic- classic vintage red-red, not orange-red like Flame

The color applicator is a marker tip and has yet to dry out which I am pleasantly surprised by. After applying the color, I wait, open mouthed for 1.5-2 minutes to ensure the stain has completely set before applying the balm. I reapply balm throughout the day as needed, and occasionally use the balm without the stain.

I guess I don't necessarily want to "break up" with this lip stain, but it isn't the type of thing I'd marry either. I'm not much of a lip color person.

The good:
Gothic is the first red lip-anything I've tried that I have actually enjoyed the color of. I have fair skin and dark hair and typically find that reds make me look a little too geisha like, but this is a fantastic color. The stain has stayed put through eating many times, as long as I make sure to let it dry thoroughly before applying the balm.

The bad, but not horrible:
I don't have smooth lips, and still don't even after exfoliating them. This can be a tad annoying when applying the stain, as it can go on unevenly, and I have to refill some areas where my lips are more chapped looking than others. This takes even more time to dry, and I get a bit paranoid about it flaking during the day. Now, I said that the stain stays put, and I meant it. That is a great thing when I'm used to lipstick being too creamy and smearing...but it also means that the stain doesn't like to come off. Be cautious about trying new colors because regardless of whether you like the shade it will be on your lips all day. Even after using a makeup remover I have remnants of the color on my lips the following morning, and have to use the remover a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment